18th Annual Pirastro Strings Virtual Elite Soloists Program
May 25 – June 4, 2021
University of North Texas
Instructor: Jeff Bradetich
with Guest Artist Teacher Aaron Olguin
The 18th Annual Pirastro Strings Elite Soloists Program will accept only 5 participants to study with Jeff Bradetich in the summer of 2021 in a virtual environment. Last summer’s virtual program brought students together from five continents. This year’s guest artist teacher is Aaron Olguin, principal bass of the Trondheim Symphony in Norway, winner of the ISB Solo Competition and 2nd prize winner of the Sphinx Competition. Thanks to the generous support of Pirastro Strings, this program offers free tuition and the Pirastro company will supply participants with free strings of their choice. The schedule for this highly individualized program will include: Daily private lessons, solo master classes and a final virtual concert. In addition, repertoire, programming and career advancement will be discussed. This program is designed for aspiring young artists and professional orchestra players. Former participants currently perform in: Concertgebouw Orchestra of Amsterdam, Chicago Symphony, National Symphony, Detroit Symphony, Singapore Philharmonic, National Orchestra of Denmark and many others.
To qualify, participants must have a number of solo works ready for study and performance.
Include at least two contrasting solo works with your application.
Audition videos are due by April 1, 2021. Registration information now available!
The Bradetich Foundation Proudly Announces:
The 34th Annual Bradetich Master Classes and 21st Annual North Texas Bass Camps will combine to feed the needs of the students with
CYBER BASS CAMP 2021
June 21-25, 2021
Location: Your Home
Teachers: Same great teachers – Jeff Bradetich, Jack Unzicker, Gudrun Raschen, Carlos Gaviria, Jessica Valls
Content: Technique, Solo lessons, Chamber Music, Special Presentations, Excerpts, All State, Pro Tips videos, Cyber Bass Symphony & more!
Eligibility: Beginner, Intermediate, & Advanced Middle School, High School and College level and older adults
Cost: $295 *Limited scholarships are available*
If you have not paid yet, please do so here.
• Three lessons with teachers of their choice
• Daily Technique Classes
• Complete free access to Mr. Bradetich’s Master Class Video Series via miabass.org
• Students will work out of Mr. Bradetich’s technique book. Purchase book in advance at: ovationpress.com
• Special Presentations on orchestral excerpts, history of the bass, improvisation and Texas All State material will be presented live
• Bass Ensembles – Everyone will have the chance to play in virtual chamber music groups
• Pro Tips – short video segments on how to play the bass will be shared each day
• Lunch Time Chats with other students
• Double Bass Jeopardy!!
• Students will add their part to the Grand Finale Cyber Bass Symphony
Questions? Contact Jose Saavedra, Camp Director
940 231 2607